Sugar Pie Recipe (Tarte au sucre)
This is definitely not a success tip, I just wanted to post my Sugar Pie recipe as many have asked about it since I posted all about it on my Snapchat account.
It’s very simple and goes like this:
- Thaw 2 frozen pie shells (or make your own)
- Pre-heat oven to 425f
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups of brown sugar and 6 tablespoons of flour and mix well.
- Add 500ml of 35% whipping cream – mix well (use hand blender if desired but I just mix with spoon or fork)
- poke bottom of pie shells with fork in 10-15 spots
- pour half of mixture in each pie shell
- Cover bottom rack in over with aluminum foil to catch drippings
- bake 2 pies in top shelf at 425f for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 350f and continue baking for 45-60 minutes.
Enjoy warm or cooled down.
Pies are best eaten within 2 days or can be frozen for 3 months.
Let me know how yours turns out – I’d love to hear from you.