I always listen to personal development when I have a chance, while I shower, while I work out and especially when I’m driving. I must have listened to the equivalent of a University degree or two by now as I’ve been doing this for 25 years.
Make sure you are setup to do that especially on longer drives and make the decision to do it even if you feel like switching to radio or music for little bit – I promise, after doing this a few times, you won’t even miss the music anymore and I’m sure you’ve heard how advertising and news on the radio has a negative impact on your life.
I remember having a box of cassette tapes in the back seat. Until recently it was a pack of 50 CDRs and now it’s just all on my smart phone – times change, but the concept remains the same – fill your mind with positive influences, find topics that interest you and you will find recordings you can listen to and enjoy.
Personally, I started with Relationships, personality and financial topics. Over the years, I’ve always kept those 3 topics as primaries, but have also listened to child rearing, speed learning/reading, healthy eating, exercising even going through pregnancy 🙂
If you aren’t sure where to start, here’s the authors and titles I remember (I could not find links to all of them, but you will find many on YouTube):
- John Gray
- Dani Johnson – GEMS mastery
- Tony Robbing with John Gray – Creating Extraordinary Relationships
- Dr. Phil McGraw – Self Matters
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Brian Tracy – Getting Rich in America
- Napoleon Hill
- Zig Ziglar – Success for Dummies
- John Cummuta – Transforming Debt into Wealth
- Donald Trump – Think Like a Billionaire
- Financial stability
- Sales skills
- Brian Tracy – 21 Ways to Build your Own Business
- Health & Wellness
- John Gray
- Robert Scheinfeld – Invisible Path to Success
- Child Rearing
- Susan Baile – Building Self-Esteem in your Child
- Dani Johnson – Grooming the next Generation for Success
- Brian Tracy – How to raise happy, healthy, self confident children
P.S. I would love to here about your recommendations, if you listen to personal development and how my tips helped you. Don’t forget to comment, like and share this page if it helped you in any way.